Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions — not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for those with obesity or type 2 diabetes? How can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way?
Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
- We are self-funded, and have no VC investment. Instead, our employees are invited to become co-owners via our employee-stock-offering plan.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products.
- We attract about 5 million monthly visits, have 78,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (from 20+ different nationalities).
- We're among the top 5 ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always live our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
Our goal is to make the world a better place by empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health.
We believe building a team of top performers — who live by our values and get great things done fast — will significantly increase our ability to make rapid progress toward our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working toward meaningful change alongside other like-minded people.
Help us improve a brand new world-class iOS and Android apps built on React Native and improve on our 4.8+ rating in the App Store. Help us scale to millions of users. Build new features. Work on growth of the app (acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and resurrection)
What you'll do
- We are building all our apps on React Native. You will be a key part in building the foundation and influencing the technologies used for creating this.
- You will be driving the development of the Android and iOS together with 2 other React Native Developers and the engineering team and be part of deciding the roadmap for how we improve the app and product going forward.
- The company grows fast and with that comes new technical challenges. You will play an important role in helping us shape the future of our tech stack. We always try to improve our development and release processes, and we want you to be part of this and share your insights.
What's in it for you?
- Support with your Personal Growth: We pay for books, courses and conferences you need to continue improving and growing your skills. You will also have the opportunity to grow in new and different areas that interest you
- Great compensation: We offer a very competitive salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able keep the shares as long as you want).
- Laptop of your choice and mobile phone with sim card.
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to work on the creation of our new frontend stack and work on products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work-time via our dedicated Engineering Focus Time™ slots.
- Rapid growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. You will have lots of ownership and autonomy, but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- In addition, we provide relocation & visa support, access to our company apartment in central Stockholm, great company trips (we've previously travelled to the Caribbean, France, and Spain for example), and more.
Who you are
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- You are an expert React-Native developer
- Knowledge of design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Experience with Typescript and Apollo is a plus.
- Work with team members to define the purpose, scope, UX, design, and technical solutions for iOS/android apps.
- You can make art out of Canvas and build custom views when the framework is not enough, but also know when to stick with iOS’/Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Be a key member of the wider team at DietDoctor and contribute to core technical discussions.
- Finally, you are someone who wants to do their part in truly making the world a better place.
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time remote position within 0-2 hours of Stockholm (CET). You are of course welcome to work in our lovely offices at Vasagatan 40, in the heart of Stockholm.