Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
At Diet Doctor, our mission is to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health.
We focus on lifestyle interventions — not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for those with obesity or type 2 diabetes? How can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way?
Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
- We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products.
- We attract about 5 million monthly visits and have 60+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- We're among the top-ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always align our work with our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
We believe building a team of top performers — who live by our values and get great things done fast — will significantly increase our ability to make rapid progress toward our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working toward meaningful change alongside other like-minded people.
What you'll do
- Design and produce content in digital platforms and channels that will engage and strengthen the relationship with Diet Doctor’s subscribers.
- Work closely with design and UX leads, product managers and engineers in your team, and collaborate with other designers and writers.
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a solid problem-solving mindset and visual craft excellence.
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the customer centricity in your team and stakeholders around you (e.g., Conduct ideation sessions, form insights, shape principles, etc.)
- Help shape the culture of the growing design team.
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to grow.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize our teams' happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Monday), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: We'll give you opportunities to make impactful decisions, while also providing the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We encourage growth and the company will cover the cost of courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able to keep the shares as long as you want). Additionally, we provide relocation and visa support, free courses and books, free dinner if working late, and access to our company apartment in central Stockholm.
Who you are
- You have 3-5 years of relevant design experience working with digital products (especially user-facing mobile apps and web).
- You have an excellent portfolio that shows projects with well-crafted and beautiful design solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of current app and web-design techniques and trends.
- You get excited by well-crafted typography and have a good eye for details.
- You work in Figma primarily (for app & web); however, you are also highly skilled with working in Adobe Creative Suite (for communication assets).
- You have experience creating templates (keynote presentations, social media assets, etc.).
- You have experience producing visual content in digital communication (video editing and animation skills are a plus).
- You effectively communicate when articulating your vision and reasoning for your design solutions.
- You are a natural-born visual storyteller who loves to pitch ideas.
- You can think in systems and have a passion for creating and evolving brand guidelines & design systems.
- You are self-motivated and autonomous. You have a good sense of when to optimize for speed and when to hone in on the details in order to execute projects with quality outcomes
- You are a team player who seeks and gives feedback often.
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station.
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.
Timing not perfect? Please reach out anyway – we’ll wait for the right person.