Do you want to make the world a better place — to be part of a team helping people reach their potential by solving one of society’s most pressing health issues?
Diet Doctor is a health-tech company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically and sustainably improve their metabolic health. We focus on lifestyle interventions — especially delicious food! — not medication or surgery, and we’re building a product that will make it simple to eat better (not less).
Now we’re looking for a Head of Finance to join the team and help us succeed with our mission.
What you’ll do:
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, assuring compliance with regulations and laws.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Managing finance team members and third-party suppliers.
- Manage shares/warrant program.
- Support with other Adhoc financial-related tasks.
- Create, prepare and complete due-diligence work.
We think you have:
- Bachelor's degree or masters in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency in accounting software and knowledge of Swedish financial systems.
- Financial management experience.
- Strong aptitude for maths and strong analytical skills.
- A great team player
- Excellent communicator (able to simplify and communicate complex financial scenarios)
- Experience in fundraising/
- Great strategic thinker aiming for financial stability.
- Experience and interest in start-ups and scaling them for success
What's in it for you?
Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, and inspiring work environment with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by tracking employee satisfaction, using a minimalist workflow process, minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work.
Growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. We'll give you lots of responsibility and support to do great things and learn fast. The company will pay for courses or conferences you want to attend within alignment with our policies.
Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary and the chance to own part of the company through our employee stock offering.
Progress so far
We built the largest keto and low carb site in the world. Now we’re taking our product and app to the next level, based on the latest science, making it flexible and personalized for different dietary preferences.
We’re funded by our members (we don’t show ads) and have 45+ employees representing 20+ different nationalities.
In early 2022, we took our first round of investment to strengthen our team and speed up the creation of our updated product.
We're among the top-ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always live our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
We’re passionate about building a team of top performers — who live by our values and get great things done fast — because we believe it will significantly increase our ability to make meaningful progress.
Applications must be in English and will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working remotely or from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Fleminggatan 7, near the Central Station.
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.