Do you want to make the world a better place — to be part of a team helping people reach their potential by solving one of society’s most pressing health issues?
Diet Doctor is a health-tech company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically and sustainably improve their metabolic health. We focus on lifestyle interventions — especially delicious food! — not medication or surgery, and we’re building a product that will make it simple to eat better (not less).
Now we’re looking for a Data Scientist to join the team and help us succeed with our mission.
What will you do
- Work closely with product leadership on a strategic level to improve our products and leverage data opportunities.
- Lead data in the organization and be a key part of building the data team.
- Work with data in the product teams. Explore and build data models for products. Guide product teams to smart usage of data, set up good success metrics, and assist in analyzing and understanding product and user data.
- Plan and organize to proactively improve our data platform, data quality, processes, and technology.
- Analyze customer and business data to help us better understand customer needs and business opportunities.
- As part of the data team be responsible for the data platform and data collection.
We think you have:
- A passion for data
- 5+ years of hand-on data science experience
- Significant proficiency in SQL, Python and data visualisation
- A degree in one of the computational sciences (physics, mathematics, computer science or engineering)
- Experience in identifying new product opportunities, working with user personalization, and subscription products
- Clear and effective communication skills
- A passion for health, fitness and food is a strong bonus.
- Flexible and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: Enjoy the opportunity to contribute to a product that can help improve the health of millions of people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, and inspiring work environment with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by tracking employee satisfaction, using a minimalist workflow process, minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work.
- Growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. We'll give you lots of responsibility and support to do great things and learn fast. The company will pay for courses or conferences you want to attend within alignment with our policies.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary and the chance to own part of the company through our employee stock offering.
Progress so far
- We built the largest keto and low carb site in the world. Now we’re taking our product and app to the next level, based on the latest science, making it flexible and personalized for different dietary preferences.
- We’re funded by our members (we don’t show ads) and have 45+ employees representing 20+ different nationalities.
- In early 2022, we took our first round of investment to strengthen our team and speed up the creation of our updated product.
- We're among the top-ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always live our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
We’re passionate about building a team of top performers — who live by our values and get great things done fast — because we believe it will significantly increase our ability to make meaningful progress.
Applications must be in English and will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working remotely or from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Fleminggatan 7, near the Central Station.
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.